Saturday, March 5, 2011

What on earth are our schools doing?(our 1 year update...well almost 1 year)

Yesterday, one of dd7 little friends came over. Her mom said she was bringing some homework, andasked if I could I maybe see if I could help her a little, as she wasn't getting it. Ok, fine. I'm no guru, I've only been homeschooling a year,  but maybe I'd have an explanation that clicked, so I said yes.

I'm in such shock! Her mom has been saying how well the child has been doing, that the school has her up to 'grade level'.

Read more »

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post. We'll be starting to homeschool officially in the fall with our son in K, and I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put!! I rented Waiting on Superman to watch tonight. I have heard many good reviews about how well it tells the issues that are in public schools. When we first started homeschooling our oldest 2 1/2 years ago, I never thought I would be pulling all our kids out of public school and take on the task of homeschooling! So worth it, even on the most frustrating days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad for that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja, it happens so much. My eyes are wide open now, but they weren't before, I wasn't even made aware there was a problem.

    ReplyDelete