Thursday, March 10, 2011

Record Keeping

This year has been a good year, and we're learning well, within the curriculum. The girls are progressing well. There is also learning to be done beyond that. Organization, time management, new orders of operation for the house.  Those are things that are a constant learning field for myself.

This week, I tackled record keeping. For the littlest, she has sticker charts with all the lessons, so we(more for her) know how she is progressing, but I wasn't keeping track of her tests and quizzes. I have her do both, at some point she will need to write one, and SAT, college, something. So it may as well start now while it's not so crucial, in a year or two, we'll start timed tests, as ALL post-secondary are timed.  I don't often grade her every day work, as we work through most of it together at this point.  But she does tests, spelling, math, LA. I don't test much in other areas, as these are the 2 most important, IMO.
Read more »

1 comment:

  1. Great job and thanks for all of the visuals! Hope your new system works wonderfully for you for years to come!

    ReplyDelete