Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We're in grade 7!

... and mom is in a panic.

DD11 did virtual schooling through the school board this year. She finally had an open conversation about the year. She started by asking if I'd ordered her grade 7 courses yet(she's done for grade6 already).   I had said I did ( but i contacted the facilitator over the weekend to cancel it if possible, it was after talking with dd).  She asked if she could use a few alternate curriculum, like we did last spring when she came home(which is humorous as she claimed she hated it last year). That is fine :) So I asked her what did she want to do with the school, what with something new.
Read more »

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all chose some good stuff! After Pattern Based Writing for my 7th grade ds we'll use Writing Strand too. Next year for my son we chose the Bob Jones DVD route.
    Thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading what others are or will use =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful and diverse list, that is the way we do things as well. I am interested in trying Life of Fred as well and I hope to get them ordered soon so I can check it out first hand. Best of luck with 7th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Apologia science! This year for General Science, we used a lapbook to go along with the lessons (basically mini books where my son could put his answers to the lesson questions). Knowledge Box Central and Live & Learn Press are 2 companies that have lapbooks that go along with Apologia texts. I'd recommend getting on their e-mail list and then buy when they advertise a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the Life of Fred books and plan to use them. So wonderful that you were able to hear your daughter and make changes. Always good to be flexible:).

    ReplyDelete