Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tracking or grading the kids work.

 Whether we have to report to the gov't with grades or not, I feel it is important to track what we are doing.

I use a large number of ebooks for our curriculum. The amount of paper can be deceiving as to how far we are progressing, so I like to have a chart handy. I like to know where we have to go, and where we've been. I don't grade everything. Religious studies, history, science for dd7 is simply being checked off.  Math, spelling, LA IS being graded as it gives me perspective on what she is retaining, where we need work.

I looked high and low for a grading sheet, and everything was either aimed at the class room, or simply too complex for what I wanted. So I created a very simply one.

Here is how I'm using it: Record Keeping

Here is a link if anyone would like to use it for themselves :) Grading Sheet

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I haven't done grading for my two yet but my DD is now asking for grades so I will see how we can incorporate it.

    ReplyDelete